Background

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Columbia College Chicago!!!

Hey guys! I realize it's been forever-at least it feels like it to me.

Tomorrow-well, technically today...-I start classes at Columbia College Chicago. I moved into my dorm last week, and I guess I've gotten acclimated. It's definitely been rough and up-and-down spiritually, but I feel like the Colton Dixon song "Through All of It" has been totally true.
Tomorrow I have modern/contemporary dance and ASL II. The first Intervarsity meeting is also tomorrow night. I'm really, really excited about that. Words cannot express my joy. :) Well, except maybe a poem... I do probably write better late at night, but I need to go to bed. I'm just filled with anxious/nervous anticipation of the things to come, so it's super hard to let go enough to go to sleep. It probably doesn't help that I'm staring at a computer screen, but... y'know.

I went to the Church of the Beloved yesterday. It was amazing. I started tearing up before even entering the building because I was so hungry for Christian community, and I bawled my eyes out during the service. I've hung out with people from there after church yesterday and tonight. I guess I like them. :) I almost feel bad being sarcastic like that because hanging out with them feels SO MUCH LIKE HOME OMGOSH.

Blogging playlist: (aka songs I listened to while I wrote)
"This My Soul"
"Go" (which I already played for a non-Christian friend I met here-it's a great story that you should ask me about :) [but you might have to listen to it to really be intrigued...{mysterious enough? let me know in the comments!}])
aaannndddd both of those are by The Gray Havens. Enjoy!

Love you and thanks for your support!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you blogged!!!! And I'm so happy for you that you're in the city and going to Columbia and meeting awesome people and ahhh... It's weird you're not here, but it's freaking awesome that you're there! :D

    And I'm flipping out that you played "Go" for someone. Dude. I must hear about that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to do well Josiah. God has given you all you need and is always with you. That cheerful, winsome personality of yours will bring many friends. Trust, obey and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs B here...enjoy the new season and the Lord's new plans for you...just not new to Him..going to look at the lyrics to "Go" next..btw several nurses have commented that "they miss that nice young man at the DD drive thru"😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs B here...enjoy the new season and the Lord's new plans for you...just not new to Him..going to look at the lyrics to "Go" next..btw several nurses have commented that "they miss that nice young man at the DD drive thru"😊

    ReplyDelete